St. Patrick’s Day is a feast day celebrated every March 17 to commemorate the death anniversary of St. Patrick. It officially started in the seventeenth century and is widely known to be a part of Irish culture. The feast day is characterized by the wear of green clothing; the shamrock and green ribbon. And since St. Patrick’s Day is just a few days away, might as well work on a new printable craft project with your family, particularly the shrinking charm.
Things you will need:
Clear nail polish
Jewels, chains and other craft materials
How to make your own shrink charms:
- Open web browser and search for St. Patrick’s Day related images (shamrock, leprechaun, pot of gold and more). Be sure to choose images that fit to be made into accessories. Remember, these would shrink by 25%-50% in size. Save images in one folder.
- Open Word processing program. Insert all images from the folder on the page. Allocate enough space between the images.
- Load shrinking paper. Adjust and resize as needed and then hit PRINT.
- Using your scissors, cut out images from the shrinking paper.
- If you plan to make a pendant, keychain or bracelet out of shrinking paper, use a hole puncher to make a small hole on the side.
- Now you are ready to bake! Bake shrinking paper according to the label’s instructions. You can bake them in an oven or toaster. Normally, the shrink paper will curl up, but it will flatten out once the baking is finished. (Keep children away from the oven when baking).
- Once the baking is finished, take out the shrink charms and completely flatten them using a spatula or cardboard. By now, they are smaller than their original sizes. Let it sit and cool down.
- Take out your clear nail polish and coat the shrink charms. It might need a few coatings. This will protect your ink and make it water-resistant. In addition, it will give the charms a glossy look.
- Let the nail polish dry completely for a few minutes.
- Now you can use your shrink charms as an addition to your accessories and other DIY crafts! Simply attach it to your jewels, chains and other accessories to make unique St. Patrick’s Day pieces.
St. Patrick’s Day is a fun-filled day and a great day to show off your customized shrink charms. Enjoy making printable crafts. Make use of your Dell 720 inkjet printer and Dell T0530 ink cartridge. It is a great all-in-one home office printer.
Reduce inkjet printing costs by up to 50% with the use of remanufactured ink cartridges.