Many people think that editing photographs and images is a very difficult task. However, learning cool photo effects in Photoshop is actually fun, enjoyable and challenging in a non-intimidating way. Those who are new to using Photoshop should never worry because our blog offers easy to follow tutorials.Fun with Printer Crafts features this free Photoshop tutorial on how to create the color sketch effect on images. This cool photo effect technique will surely bring a different kind of flare to photographs. Turn regular photos into elaborate and realistic colored drawings that everyone will adore. Just follow these 12 easy steps:1. Select an image and open it in Photoshop.
2. Duplicate its background layer by pressing CTRL+J.3. While on the duplicate layer, use the Quick Selection Tool to select the subject for color sketch effect. Once that is done properly, make an inverse selection.4. Go to Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur and change the Radius setting to 3.0 pixels.
5. Next, go to Image > Desaturate or use the hotkey CTRL+SHIFT+U.
8. Go to Image > Invert or press CTRL+I.
9. Change the Blend Mode of the current layer from Normal to Color Dodge.
10. Go to Filter > Other > Minimum and change the Radius setting to 1 pixel. This step makes the color sketch effect more prominent on the image.
11. Make another duplicate of the original background layer. In the layers panel, make sure that this second duplicate layer is placed right on top of all the other layers.
12. Change the Blend Mode of the current layer from Normal to Color.
Congratulations on completing this fun and free Photoshop tutorial! Remember, you can print this masterpiece using the HP Deskjet 812. This inkjet is guaranteed to produce sharp and brilliant color sketch effect prints so you can easily impress your family and friends.