One of the most effective ways to improving and training young minds is through jigsaw puzzles for kids. A jigsaw puzzle of course requires the assembly of numerous interlocking tiles to solve the puzzle. Each tile is a component of an image and when completed, produces a picture.
Jigsaw puzzles for kids is a classic leisure game that has crossed over from the traditional physical boards to software run jigsaw puzzles. Kids defintely enjoy doing puzzle games. Not only is it a fun activity but educational as well. In fact, a jigsaw game helps develop the reasoning skills of children and likewise practices their hand-eye coordination in the course of putting puzzle pieces together. Moreover, puzzle games help kids understand shapes and colors with every puzzle resolved.
In these Photoshop tutorial, Fun with Printer Crafts will show you how to make jigsaw puzzles for kids that can be printed via your home inkjet. Here’s how you do it.
1. Open Adobe Photoshop.
2. Open the image you want to use for this project.
3. Create 2 copies of the background
4.Click Background copy Layer. Rename it with Background Color.
Now go to Edit>Fill and select Black.
5. Rename Background copy Layer with Puzzle.
6. At the top of the screen, go to Filter>Texture>Texturizer.
7. By clicking the option button beside the texture dropdown list box, load the puzzle texture. Note that you will need to download the puzzle texture.
9. After loading the puzzle texture for Photoshop, set Scaling to 150%, Relief to 4 and Light to top left.
Print the resultant jigsaw artwork using your inkjet printer and use cardstock paper. You can also print multiple jigsaw puzzle games. After printing, cut the shapes accordingly and let your child play with your very own, personalized jigsaw puzzles for kids.