It is always good to spend quality time with the family, particularly the kids. Playing around with fun crafts with kids would be one of the best ways of doing it. This can also be a way of creating beautiful memories that kids will cherish for the rest of their lives. Creating something like a butterfly crown for a play can both be fun and at the same time educational. You can use this time to teach them how to draw using an image editing software like Paint or Photoshop. This fun printable craft can be done with ease at home.
- Construction Paper (any color will do)
- Letter size paper (medium for printing)
- Glue or Glue stick (for stronger hold)
Steps on Making a Butterfly Crown:
- Create your own butterfly design or download a template online. In order to get the most out of this fun crafts with kids, creating a personalized butterfly design with the kids is highly recommended. Use this moment to teach your child about basic drawing tools on your preferred image editing software. Explaining how the tools work will help the kids understand how things go.
- Color the butterfly designs using the preferred image editing software. Let the kids choose what colors they want for the butterfly crown. An editing software usually has different tools for color application. Use the tool that is easier for a child to work with like a fill tool and color away.
- Print 5 to 8 butterfly designs depending on the size of the crown. You can put around 4 to 6 butterfly designs on a single sheet to save paper. Laser printers can be used for low cost printing, but if you want glossy and lively colors on images, use ink jets like the Epson Stylus Photo R220.
- Cut out the designs using a pair of scissors and cut out an inch wide construction paper strip long enough to fit around the head. Take safety precautions if you are letting the kids do this step. Be extra careful to avoid cuts and other possible injuries.
- Glue the middle of butterfly designs along the strip of construction paper. The wings of the butterflies may be overlapping but do not worry, it will not affect the outcome of these fun crafts with kids. Glue both ends of the strip to form the butterfly crown.
This fun craft with kids is best done with an ink jet printer like the Epson Stylus Photo R220 using compatible Epson Stylus Photo R220 consumables</a> to get the best results. Printable crafts are one of the best ways to spend quality time with the kids. Fun crafts can be done at home with ease and without spending too much.