Things you will need:Popsicle sticks
Glue/ double-ended tape
Markers/ crayons/ color pencil (optional)Instructions:
- Open web browser and search for the characters you want for your story (princesses, horses, princes, and fairies). You can choose colored characters or those in black and white – whichever is decided upon. Save images on your desktop.
- Open Word Document program. Drag the saved images onto the page. Adjust and resize if necessary. Make sure that the length of each image is about half the length of the Popsicle stick. This is to ensure that the stick puppet will not stoop.
- Once all set, load the cardstock paper, and hit PRINT.
- Take the printed paper/s and begin cutting the images using your scissors. If you chose to print the black and white images, add color using crayons, markers or colored pencils.
- Once done, get one Popsicle stick. Choose one side and apply adhesive to the upper half of the stick.
- Take one of your cut out paper and place it on the stick. Do the same with the others.
- Leave it to dry. If you want, you can add embellishments and paint or color the stick to make it look more attractive.
- Now, you are all set. What is left to do is to put on a show with your stick puppets.
Stick puppets are fun to use while storytelling. Other than that, these can be used as learning materials for other activities too such as character development, vocabulary test, story sequencing, and even the retell of the story. This printable craft makes a good tool for education and something that is very easy and fun to do. For better results, use the Lexmark Z25 inkjet printer for all your DIY crafts. It is fast, delivers good photos and graphics, and utilizes a compatible Lexmark Z25 ink cartridge to help gain savings.
Incoming search terms:
- Free Printable Stick Puppets
- Popsicle Stick Puppet Templates
- DIY stick puppets Pinterest
- popsicle puppets printables
- popsicle stick puppets printable
- stick puppet printables
- stick puppets templates