The Kentucky Derby is the most attended thoroughbred horse race in the United States with crowds reaching over a hundred thousand. The Kentucky Derby Festival is really that popular among adults and the youth to even inspire kiddie Kentucky Derby party themes.
You got that right! Even the young ones can be involved in the festivities by attending a Kentucky Derby party organized for kids. Some derby trivia, music to the tune of “My Old Kentucky Home” and a serving of Burgoos will surely ignite a derby mood. Likewise play games such as the classic pin the tail on the donkey.
In time for the Kentucky Derby festivities, Fun with Printer Crafts came up with free pin the tail on the donkey printables that can be used as parlor games for a Kentucky Derby party. Instead of a donkey, a funny horse is featured on this printable.
- Printed Funny Horse Poster
- Card board: 17 x 22 inches or bigger; should be able accommodate 8.5 x 11 inches cardstock
- Regular Cardstock: Letter size, Matte finish, 120-150 gsm weight
- Double sided tape
- Pair of Scissors
Canon PIXMA MX870 MFC. The PIXMA MX870 boasts of a maximum resolution output of 9600 x 2400 dpi that is generated by tiny 1pl ink droplets and a 5 individual ink tank system.
1. Save the templates on your computer’s hard drive.
2. Load the cardstock into the inkjet’s feeder.
- Funny Horse Poster templates – Use 4 sheets of cardstock
- Tail – Use a separate sheet
3. Print the pin the tail on the donkey printables.
4. Cut the templates according to shape.
5. Glue the individual cardstock sheets to the cardboard to form a horse.
6. Put a double sided tape on the upper part of the horse’s tail.
1. Each kid at the party will be given a chance to pin the tail on the donkey – one participant at a time.
2. Participants will be blindfolded and spun around just enough to get a bit dizzy.
3. With his blindfold on, the participant will attempt to pin the tail over the exact spot on the poster.
4. Mark every spot on the poster where the tail was pinned.
5. The participant who pins the tail closest to the horse’s rear wins the game.
This May 7, all roads and (wagers) lead to Churchill Downs for the 137th running of the Kentucky Derby. Will the contenders Uncle Mo and Soldat actually top the race, and beat Supersaver’s time of 2:04:45? Well, it’s time to don your fancy hat, place your bets and pile up at the infield to witness the Fastest Two Minutes in Sports. And if you’re planning to throw a Kentucky Derby party or just in the mood to host a get together party during the Kentucky Derby Festival, then be prepared with fun games. Add to the list of party games the pin the tail on the donkey game. Just make sure you have enough compatible ink cartridges onboard for the print out of these downloadable party games.
Download the Free pin the tail on the donkey printables.