How To Make Paper Boats For Preschool Kids
We are moving to the last stretch of the summer season already and most likely your kids are enjoying their time off from school. If they’re not out at summer camp, then why not make the most of your time together by doing paper craft projects. Ever thought about making paper folding boats again? This one paper craft suited for the summer months. It’s easy to prepare, cheap and fun to play with on a tub or a kiddie pool. So how to make paper boats for preschool kids?
This is a classic, origami style paper craft that our folks used to make out of newspapers back in the old days. Well, if you have forgotten how paper folding boats are constructed, Fun with Printer Crafts has come up with an easy step by step guide on how to make paper boats for preschool kids. We’ve designed two boat templates and flags that you can easily print to make the paper boat stand out from those crafted in plain white paper and newspaper.
Paper Folding Boats Templates
- Pirate’s Boat (Black & White Stripes Boat and Pirate Flag)
- Captain’s Boat (Blue & Red Stripes Boat and Captain Flag)
2. Pair of Scissors
Recommended Paper – Canon Matte Photo Paper
The texture and weight (45.2 lbs) of this letter size, matte finish media is ideal for paper crafts.
Recommended Printer – Canon Pixma MX7600 Office All-in-One Printer
The Canon Pixma MX7600 utilizes an advanced pigment ink system that allows it to quickly and sparingly produce superior graphics even when printing on plain paper. Perfect for summertime crafts like the paper boat project!
Procedures – How to Make Paper Boats for Preschool Kids?
Printing the Templates
1. Save the paper boats template of choice on your PC.
2. Open the rear tray cover and pull out the paper support.
3. Load the Canon Matte Photo Paper on the rear tray with the print side facing up.
4. Print the paper boat template.
Crafting the Printed Template
1. Fold the printed template in half and lengthwise.
2. Find the center line and create a crease. Fold each corner diagonally towards the crease to form a triangle. This will create tail flaps at the bottom.
3. Fold the tail up to create a triangle. One flap up against the folded corners and the other flap folded up against the back.
4. Use your fingers to open it up into a square.
5. Hold the paperwith flaps down. Fold the corners upward to the tip.
6. Again using your fingers, squash the folds at the bottom to form a square.
7. Pull apart the two triangle sections formed to unfold the paper boat.
8. Create a small hole on top of the triangle where the small flag will be inserted.
9. Cut the flag according to shape.
10. Apply an ample amount of glue on one side of the flag and attach it to the toothpick flag pole.
11. Insert the flag into the small hole.
12. Now you have a paper folding boat that will actually float.
Download Templates Here!
Incoming search terms:
- paper boats folding template
- paper boat template for kids
- paper boat template
- how to make paper boats for kids
- how to make a paper boat for kids
- boat template for kids
- boat templates for kids
- simple paper boat template
- how to make paper boats
- making paper boats for kids