How To Print Banners Using Ink Jet Printers
Photo by edenpictures
Many print jobs nowadays are produced in-house instead of being outsourced. Using a reliable inkjet at home, you too can turn out basic printing projects such as a display banner for real estate notices or for product promos and personal greetings. You won’t need a powerful inkjet to print banners of good quality. Among the home printers that will print banners include Bubble Jet printers such as the Canon BJC-250.
So if you still got those Bubble Jets that are probably just collecting dust in storage, why not revive them for basic color print projects? Cost savings per page of print will be tremendous, I tell you, as empty color ink cartridges can be replaced with compatible ink cartridges (now available online).
Outlined below are the materials you will need to print banners on the bubble jet printer.
- Canon BJC-250 Driver for Windows 7/Vista/XP
- Continuous Form Banner Paper
- Compatible Canon BC-05 Cartridge
Below is a rundown of the banner creation process.
Step One. Install the Printer
The Canon BJC-250 printer was manufactured during the pre-Windows XP era and most computers now run on XP, Vista and Windows 7 operating systems. So if you want to restore the printer into full operation, install with your PC a BJC-250 printer driver that is compatible with the newer Windows operating systems. Following installation, the printer will appear in your computer’s printer list. Just add the printer and it should be turning out monochrome and color prints in no time – after loading a new set of Canon ink cartridges.
Step Two. Create the Banner Design
The concept and graphic design for the basic banner project is a matter of personal preference. You can use desktop publishing applications such as Microsoft Publisher to compose your banner design. The design needs to conform to the print width of the sheet feeder, the set print area of the printer and the dimension of custom banner paper so that ink won’t bleed over the edges of the paper.
To print banners on the BJC-250 printer, you will also need to buy a set of letter size continuous form banner paper. Per banner design, maximum banner paper dimension is 8.5 inches (width) x 66 inches (length of 6 sheets). Moreover, set print margins to at least 0.5 inches.
Step Three. Configure Print Settings
Printing banners on the Canon BJC-250 printer will squeeze out a good volume of ink from the BC-05 ink tank. Thus it is advisable to use subdued colors and designs. Select “High” Print Quality to optimize print quality and produce high quality color banners.
Step Four. Load the Banner Paper
(1) Open front cover of the printer and position the paper thickness lever towards the right. Thereafter, close the front cover.
(2) Cut banner paper at the crease. Take note to add an extra sheet after the last sheet in case the type runs over.
(3) Slide the first sheet into the sheet feeder until the paper settles. Remember to align paper to the right edge of the feeder. Thereafter, adjust paper guide to properly hold paper within the confines of the feeder.
Step Five. Print the Banner
(1) Open the banner design file on your PC.
(2) Select Print from the application’s menu and pick the Canon BJC-250 printer.
(3) From the prompts, select Automatic Feed for Paper Feed Method. Select Banner for Media Type.
(4) Hit OK to proceed with the print job.
(5) Monitor the printing process to make sure that the rest of the continuous form loads properly into the sheet feeder.
Bubble jet printers are not designed with the print speed of modern day inkjets. Therefore, you will have to settle for its 0.46 pages per minute speed under the High Quality Mode. The Canon BJC-250 printer’s 360 x 360 dpi color resolution should be acceptable given the purpose of creating basic banners.
To print banners, you need a generous supply of ink. This Canon printer model loads with the BC-02 (monochrome) and BC-05 (color) ink cartridges. OEM cartridges retail from between $30 to $40. Toner Refill Store offers compatible BC-02 and BC-05 ink cartridges that are cheaper by at least 50% and likewise produce OEM quality prints. Now you have more ink supply to print banners and other print projects.
Incoming search terms:
- can you print banner on canon printer
- continuous banner papet for inkjet printers
- inkprinters that can make banners
- print retractable banner with injet printer